Sunday, February 19, 2006

18yr daughter makes a fool out of dad.

I know it sounds like I think women and cars don’t mix but damn it, sometimes. So my daughter calls me at work and says I need to come down and look at the old 87 Honda cause its smoking. I come down and pop the hood only to find oil had been spilled on the motor at the oil change and some was burning off which you could smell. I told her don’t worry about the “smoke”, the oil will burn off quick enough. Later on that day at 6:00pm we were having softball practice and as usually my daughter was late. At 6:10 I see what I think through the white smoke is my blue Honda heading for the softball field. In horror I realize it is my car. Daughter comes skidding to a halt in the gravel adding dust to the white fog. I ask the stand question “WTF” is going on. She screams loudly that ya people kept telling my car was like on fire but I yelled back at them that my daddy says “ignore the smoke”. I yelled at her saying ya oil burning off not some fog machine of a car. Luck have it was a pin hole in the radiator hose that was spewing on the hot motor vs. the engine overheating dumping out antifreeze. I swear women will ignore all signs of immanent car failure and drive till it drives no more. Sigh

No comments:

 

web stats