Friday, August 05, 2005

Stress Dad Out

My mission was to water my parent's 20 outdoor potted plants. I arrived at the house with my 5yr boy and 8 year girl who were already fighting over who got to water. Got my daughter setup watering the plants with the open ended hose that a had a slow water flow. Apparently while my boy was waiting his turn he got bored so he went over to man the facet handle. Next thing I knew my girl was screaming and all I could see was mud showering out of the pot on to the driveway as the flow rate was a good 15 gal/minute now. Got her cleaned up gave the hose to my boy and proceeded to take in the mail. As I came back out of the house there was my boy hosing down the minivan car mats just like dad does, except the mats were still in the car. By the time I got that resolved my daughter came out of the house locking the door not realizing the keys were still in the house. As I was fumbling with a credit card to break into the house to get my keys, the evening showers started with all my windows down. So what wasn't wet from the hose was finished off by the rain. Hey I always say any trip with my family that doesn't end at the hospital is a good trip. Sigh

No comments:

 

web stats